Cachelin is a lawyer qualified to practice in NSW, Australia. She is completing her NCA exams to become qualified to article and practice law in BC. She provides legal support to the lawyers under the supervision of our BC qualified lawyers. Cachelin joined DuMoulin Black in August 2021.
Cachelin recently returned to Vancouver after completing 5 years of study in Sydney, Australia. During this time she played varsity rugby and volleyball and enjoyed travelling extensively. Outside of work, Cachelin enjoys skiing, snowboarding, scuba diving, hiking and playing squash.
Prior to joining DuMoulin Black, Cachelin worked as a legal assistant at a law firm in Vancouver and as a legal research assistant examining emerging technologies and their interaction with the law. She is a published author on the legal, social and human rights challenges of the Internet of Things making legislative proposals to the Australian Government and she is still actively writing in this space. Cachelin also has experience in communications working at not-for-profits, in-house and agency-side.
- University of New South Wales – Juris Doctor, 2020
- University of New South Wales – Bachelors of Media, 2018
- Manwaring, K and Hall, C (2019). Legal, social and human rights challenges of the Internet of Things in Australia. Input paper for the Horizon Scanning Project “The Internet of Things” on behalf of the Australian Council of Learned Academies, www.acola.org.
- New South Wales, Australia, 2021
- *Not admitted to practice law in British Columbia, Canada