Mark practices corporate and securities law with a primary focus on capital market transactions and business law matters, including equity and debt financings, initial public offerings and mergers and acquisitions. Mark also assists public and private companies regarding corporate governance, continuous disclosure obligations, and various other corporate and securities law compliance matters. Mark has a particular interest in corporate governance and integrity management.
While at law school, Mark was a winner of the 2020 Peter Burns Mock Trial Competition and competed in the 2021 MacIntyre Cup. Mark also worked as a Clinician for the UBC Innocence Project, an Arbitrator for the Sport Law Connect Program, and served as a Clinic Head for the Law Students Legal Advice Program.
Mark continues to promote integrity and good governance practices through his involvement with the Anti-Corruption Law Program. In his spare time, Mark will almost certainly be found watching sports or learning to better his cooking skills.
Mark is fluent in Arabic and proficient in French.
- Dalhousie University, B.A. (2018)
- University of British Columbia, J.D. (2021)
- British Columbia (2022)
- The University of Victoria Libraries. Global Corruption: Its Regulation Under International Conventions, US, UK and Canadian Law and Practice. 4th Edition, Volume 1, Chapter 15 (2022)
- The Commonwealth Judicial Journal, “Deferred Prosecution Agreements/Remediation Agreements: What They Are and How They Work” (2021)
- The Commonwealth Judicial Journal, “Deferred Prosecution Agreements/Remediation Agreements, Part II: Canada’s Controversial Early Experience with its Remediation Agreement Regime” (2021)