Justin is a partner of DuMoulin Black, practicing primarily in the areas of securities, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate and commercial law.
Justin advises clients from all stages of development ranging from early stage to large public companies. His practice includes advising these clients on a range of matters, including equity and debt financings, stock exchange listings, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, and general corporate/commercial matters.
Justin was selected in 2017 by the TMX as one of Canada’s Next 150: Young Entrepreneurs and Forward-Thinkers. He has been recognized by Lexpert as a Leading Lawyer to Watch in Corporate Finance & Securities and in 2019, he received the Lexpert Canada Rising Star Award for Leading Lawyers Under 40. Justin was selected for inclusion in the 2021, 2022, and 2023 Edition of Best Lawyers in Canada© for his work in Corporate Law.
Prior to practicing law Justin was an NCAA division 1 and former ATP ranked tennis player.
Justin is a member of:
- TSX Venture Exchange’s Local Advisory Committee
- Securities Law and Business Law Sections of the Canadian Bar Association
- The Board of Directors of Public Companies
- The Finance Committee of the Charitable Organization, Athletics 4 Kids
- Western Michigan, Bachelor of Business Administration, 2004
- University of Western Ontario, JD, 2008
- British Columbia, 2009